talk about friends
1. Make one copy of the flower handout for each pupil.
1. Draw a flower on the board and fill it with information about a friend. Refer to the handout. Introduce your friend to pupils.
2. The teacher asks individual pupils about their age, favourite food and hobby. Teacher writes the target language on the board for reference.
3. Give each pupil a copy of the worksheet.
4. Each pupil finds a partner and asks about his/her personal information. They use questions in Step 2. The pupils fill in the flower according to their friend’s answers.
5. The pupils colour and cut their flowers. Use green cardboard paper or ice-cream sticks to make stems.
The pupils introduce their friends to the whole class “My friend is ___________. Her / His name is _____________. She / He is __________ years old. Her / His favourite food / hobby is ___________. “
The pupils can use their flowers and paper cups filled with sand to make their individual flower pots for their class garden of friendship.
For more advanced students:
After Step 5: Pupils write five sentences about their friend using the information in their flower.
For weaker students:
Step 4: Pupils draw pictures of their friend’s favourite food and hobby.
Pupils can take their flowers home to introduce their friends to their family.