· remember the vocabulary
1. Prepare word cards and the box.
1. Divide the students into group of approximately 6-10, so between 2 – 4 groups.
2. Each group will take turn to send their two players to come to the front.
3. These two players will draw a card from the box, as shown in appendix 1.
4. They will be given 1 minute to act out the word/phrase. They cannot make any sound or mime the word.
5. During this minute, only their team will guess the word/phrase by shouting out the answer.
6. If their team manages to guess the word/phrase correctly, they will be given 2 points.
7. If their team cannot give the answer, the question will be opened to the next team and this team will be given 1 point if they give the correct answer.
8. Steps 2 – 7 will be repeated with the next group.
9. The teacher chooses how many rounds to play.
10. The winner is the group which has the most points at the end of the time.
Give a reward to the winner and the best player. This will motivate the students to prepare themselves to be more competitive. Thus, it will make this activity more fun.
Number of students who act the words / phrases can be different from above, normally 1 or 2 person are suitable. They can also use realia which are prepared earlier by the teacher, to help them act the words or phrases depending on the chosen topic.
Every word or phrase used should have been taught earlier to make sure the pupils are familiar with them. This is a practice activity.