· write neatly and legibly
1. Print the worksheet, get/make play dough
1. Review the different shapes of big and small letters
2. Question individual students about big or small letters
3. Activity – teacher says a letter and students write the letter in the air with their index fingers
4. Pair Activity – teacher says a letter and students write the letter on the backs of their friends using their index fingers
5. Worksheet – students use play dough to create the shape of the letters on their worksheet
6. Concluding activity – Students write their names the back of the worksheet and teacher can post this on the wall
Students can repeat the activity with same or different letters without the guidance of the worksheet.
Students can create letters and shapes within the pages of a laminator sheet. Teachers can laminate the sheets to create art.
If students are more advanced and do not need the guidance from the worksheet, they can make the shapes independently on the surface of their desks.
This is a great activity for the first week of class. It allows students to practise writing individual letters as well as words they are familiar with like their names. It will give teachers a good understanding of skills learned in preschool.