· produce simple animal puppets with guidance and will have enjoyed the story.
1. Make one copy of animal face card sheets for each pupil
1. Review and elicit the animal characters in the story ‘Dilly Duck’s Doughnut’.
2. Guide pupils to read the story aloud.
3. Pick some pupils to act out the story, while the others will be the story narrators.
4. Check pupils’ understanding to the story.
5. Distribute the puppet templates of the characters to pupils and guide them to make their own puppets.
b. Paste the template on a stick.
In their own groups, pupils can show each other their own masterpiece. Pupils can use the puppets for role playing.
The size of the animal face templates can be enlarged to become animal masks.
Pupils can take the cards home to practice or the teacher can collect them to use later for another activity.