· name items of clothing
1. Collect the items of clothing and prepare a piece of music
1. Review the names of the different items of clothing by holding them up and asking the pupils to identify what they are.
2. Review the colours by asking the pupils what colour each item of clothing you hold up is.
3. Give each pupil in the class two item of clothing and ask them to put them on.
4. Line the pupils up at one end of the classroom and play the music.
5. Ask each pupil to walk across the classroom, as though they are at a fashion show. When they reach the other side of the classroom they have to turn around and say ‘I am wearing a (colour) (item of clothing) and a (colour) (item of clothing).’ Make sure the pupils speak loudly enough to be heard by the rest of the class.
Ask the pupils to name the clothes that the other pupils are wearing. For example ‘Alex is wearing a yellow dress and a black cap.’
The pupils can work in pairs and name the clothes that the other pupils are wearing when they reach the other side of the classroom in step 5.
Hand out the clothes randomly, so that the pupils get a mix of different clothes. Try to avoid too many pupils wearing the same things.