· participate in aspects of daily conversation.
1. Make each pupil a greeting or request card.
1. Review greetings and requests, for example: Good morning teacher; Good morning; May I help you?; Yes, you may.
2. The pupils sit in a big circle so that they can see each other.
3. Teacher gives each pupil a greeting or request card.
4. Demonstrate the matching activity and ask the pupils to show their cards to other pupils
5. When the activity starts, pupils mingle around to find their pairs. They need to sit down in the pair once they have found their partners.
6. After all the pupils finish their task, the pairs with the same greetings or requests will stand up. The other pupils will need to read their cards aloud to check if they get the correct pairs.
Pupils can paste their greetings and requests into a big card and display it in class.
Teacher can ask some pupils to role play a situation and pupils in the group can choose the correct greetings or requests.
Teacher can collect the cards to use in other activities.
Teacher can play some greetings song when the activity begins