· identify the characters in the jungle book and describe them.
1. Prepare a copy of the worksheet for each group/pair.
1. Show pupils the shadows and ask them to guess the identity of the characters.
2. Choose one character, ask pupils to describe the character for example, he is long and green. Write the sentence structure on the board for pupils to refer to.
3. In pairs/groups, pupils describe the characters by giving clues for example,‘He has four legs, he has black fur’ and the other pupils guess the character.
Pupils choose a character and write a description of it.
The pupils can make mini-books using the pictures and write descriptions of the characters.
The pupils can use the pictures to make puppets or masks and practise dialogue or introduce themselves in character.
Use the masks, puppets or character posters to decorate the classroom or create a Jungle Book corner.