· read and match words and pictures.
1. Prepare the board with your selected pictures.
2. Print and laminate.
3. Write the words on the bottle tops and store in a jar or bag.
1. Arrange the pupils into mixed ability groups.
2. Give them a board and set of bottle tops.
3. Set a time limit of 1 minute. Use a bell to signal start/stop.
4. Students have 1 minute to match words and pictures by placing bottle top on the picture.
5. Whichever group matches the most words and pictures correctly is the winner.
Students can do individual matching worksheets on their own.
You can do a mini spelling test of the words on the board.
Fast finishers can play the game on their own when they’ve finished their work.
To collect the bottle tops more quickly ask students to bring them in from home.