· revise present/past forms of verbs (or any grammar)
1. Make copies of the mini dinosaur picture, create the cards by cutting out the shapes within the picture into circles, squares and triangles.
2. Write the past form of verbs on the cards.
1. Pupils divide into groups and sit together.
2. Pupils review the past form of verbs on word cards.
3. In groups, one pupils will say the verbs and another pupils will try to think of the present form of verb. They will then place a card on the corresponding space on the mini dinosaur to cover the past form. If they are correct
4. Then, other pupils in the group take turn and do the same until the whole mini dinosaur is complete.
5. After completing the mini dinosaur, each group shows their answer on the board.
6. Review the answers with pupils, giving the opportunity for self/peer-correction.
For the whole class activity, pupils can use the past form of verbs to make simple sentences.
Pupils can draw pictures to explain the meaning of the verbs on the back of the word cards.
Pupils can use the word cards to play games such as Guess the Action, a guessing game with mimed actions to review verbs, and also Fishing Game.
For a more challenging activity, pupils can use the word cards to test their partner or classmates on spellings or past forms any time in the classroom.
The different shaped cards can represent different levels of difficulty and pupils can compete for points (1 = circle, 2 = square and 3 = triangle)
You can laminate the cards so that they can be re-used many times