· list down the occupations
· identify places of work
1. Make one copy of the song lyrics for each pupil.
2. Enlarge the picture cards to make flashcards.
3. Make one copy of the worksheets for each pupil.
1. Distribute the song lyrics to the pupils. Sing the song using ‘Jingle Bells’ tune.
2. Ask the pupils what occupations they can find in the song.
3. Review occupations.
4. Give each pupil Worksheet A. Explain what they need to do for a matching activity. Check with whole class.
5. Distribute Worksheet B. Pupils work in pairs to fill in the blanks with correct letters. Check with whole class.
In groups, pupils can play the “Who am I” guessing game on Worksheet C. Pupils will guess the occupations by reading the clue in the worksheet.
For step 5, teacher can use the flashcards to check the answers with the pupils.
For advanced pupils Step 5: Change worksheet B with Worksheet C.
You can give the worksheets provided to pupils as homework.