· recite a chant with actions
· produce a book mark
1. Make word cards of days. Cut manila cards to make shaped cards for bookmarks.
1. Review days of the week using flash cards.
2. Teacher writes and reads the chant.
3. Teacher guides pupils to read and understand the sentences.
4. Teacher says the chant and pupils repeat and follow the actions.
5. Explain to pupils that they are going to make a book mark.
6. Distribute shaped cards to the pupils.
7. Pupils write the list of days in a week in correct sequence.
8. Then on the other side, they write the chant above.
9. Next, pupils decorate their book marks.
10. Distribute ribbons to the pupils.
11. Teach them how to tie the ribbons.
12. They also have to write their names at the end of their bookmarks.
1. Teacher and pupils revise the targeted language.
2. Teacher gives presents for the most creative bookmarks.
Pupils can paste or hang their bookmarks in their class for decorations.
Pupils can take the bookmarks home to practice.