· identify rooms of the house and spell the words correctly.
1. Make one set of pictures of rooms in a house for each pupil.
1. Teach rooms of a house byshowing pictures using ICT.
2. Ask pupils to hold up the pictures of a room and say ‘This is a _______. I ________ here’ for every part of the house.
For example ‘This is a living room. I watch television here.’
3. Divide pupils into five groups.
4. Each group leader come to the front and picks out a picture to show their group members.
5. Every group say “This is a _______. I ________ here. ” based on the picture picked by their group leader.
6. Playing games: every group guess the correct spelling of the words based on the pictures shown. The group with the most correct answers wins.
In pairs, pupils practice listening and speaking with the pictures:
Pupil A: ‘What is this?’
Pupil B: ‘This is a ___________.”
Pupil A: What do you do here?
Pupil B: ‘I ____________ here.’
Pupils can also use the pictures to make mini books and write the name of each picture beneath it.
For step 5 the teacher can ask other group members to ask questions.
For more advanced students:
Step 4: Pupils spell the words and other pupils check the spelling.
Step 6: In groups, pupils draw things that belong to that room of the house on the worksheets. Pupils take turn to say what they do in every part of the house.
Pupils can take the cards home to practice or the teacher can collect them to use for the activity next time.