· identify the names of colours correctly
1. Put the picture cards into the plastic pot
1. Review the names of the colours using the flash cards.
2. Ask the pupils to point to an item in the classroom that is the same colour as the word on the flash card.
3. Stick the flash cards on the board.
4. Get the pupils to sit in a circle.
5. Hand the plastic pot to one of the pupils.
6. Explain that when you play the music they are going to pass the plastic pot around the circle. When the music stops the pupil holding the plastic pot opens it and takes out one of the picture cards. They have to identify the colour of the picture on the card and stick it below the correct flash card on the board.
7. Repeat this until all the pupils have had a turn.
Take the flash cards off of the board and ask the pupils to name the colours from the pictures.
This activity can be adapted to be used with any vocabulary that you are teaching and assessing the pupils on. You just need to change the words on the flash cards and the pictures in the plastic pot.
Get one of the pupils to control the music, that way they will feel in charge of the activity.
Make sure every pupil gets a turn during this activity. If you have a large class and this is not possible keep a note of the pupils who have had a turn and make sure different pupils get a turn the next time you use the activity.