· Write words with correct spelling.
1. Copy / print one puzzle sheet for each child.
1. Model how to answer the letter jumble questions and how to fill in crossword puzzles.
2. Hand out one puzzle sheet to each child.
3. Monitor, assist and collect finished sheets.
Groups of children could devise their own letter jumble clues and challenge other groups to come up with an answer.
The crossword can be done in pairs.
A competitive element could be introduced with the first student/pair/group to complete the crossword as the winner.
Space children’s desks apart before this activity if you wish to discourage copying.