· speak about hobbies using puppets.
1. Copy one activity paper per pair.
2. Make one set of puppets for demonstration.
1. Show some pictures or draw on the board or act out a hobby to revise hobby vocabulary.
2. Write a short conversation about hobbies on the board.
3. Show the example puppets.
4. Bring one student to the front of the class.
5. Say the conversation with the student using the puppets.
6. Tell the students they will get to cut out the puppets and say a conversation about hobbies in pairs.
7. Hand out one activity paper to each pair.
8. Ask the students to cut out the conversation parts A&B and puppets.
9. Each student in a pair takes a part either A or B and says the conversation.
10. Pairs change partners and puppets with other pairs of students in the class and repeat the conversations.
Teacher writes the following sentence on the board:
My friend, ________, said he/she loves _______ in his/her free time.
Have students write this sentence in their exercise books using the name and hobby of their friend.
For more advanced students, you can cut up the conversations and have the students put the sentences in order. They can glue the completed conversations in their exercise books.
You could also extend the conversations to make them more challenging.
The puppets can be reused in other lessons as desired for example, you can make a conversation about occupations and use the puppets to say the words.