· Read familiar texts using appropriate pronunciation and intonation
1. Make the puppet theatre by using a big box and material to decorate it, and buy or make your own puppets.
2. Choose an appropriate text for the pupils to read.
1. Inform the pupils they are going to do reading using the puppet theatre.
2. Group the pupils and let them read the text together in groups first.
3. Select a few pupils who would like to read aloud using the puppets and the puppet theatre.
4. The rest of the class listens and gives marks for the best performance.
Pupils can choose their own dialogue from a book, practise reading it and then perform.
The pupils can write their own dialogue in groups and then perform.
You need to train the pupils to speak louder when hiding behind the puppet theatre since it can be difficult for the rest of the class to hear them.