· revise key vocabulary and phrases from the previous year/unit.
1. Write questions and statements in the blank spaces on the snake.
2. Make one copy of games board for each group.
1. Review the vocabulary that the game will use.
2. Split the students into pairs or groups of up to 4 students.
3. Give each group a copy of the game board, a dice and enough counters for each student.
4. Give students instructions:
a. In turns throw dice and move counter.
b. If student lands on a square with writing-answer the question in English.
c. Keep moving around the games board to the finish line.
d. If student lands on a snake, they must slide down the snake.
e. If student cannot answer, they will miss a turn.
f. The winner is the first student to the finish but all students must finish the board to practise their English.
After students finish the game-Teachers asks the students randomly questions from the board to check understanding and to re-cap vocabulary.
Teachers can write questions in the boxes to suit their lesson aims and target language.