talk about sea creatures
1. Cut the pictures into puzzle pieces.
2. Cut the word cues in small flash cards.
1. Students get into groups of 4.
2. Picture puzzle is distributed to each group in envelope.
3. Instruct the students to solve the puzzles in groups.
4. A representative from each group shows the picture in front of the class while teacher introduces the sea creature.
5. Prompt students to talk more about the creature shown by asking simple Wh-questions.
6. Introduce and pre-teach the vocabulary items which will be used in the upcoming speaking activity.
7. Students listen to a conversation and answer the questions that come with it.
8. Students get into groups of 4 and a set of word cues is given to each group.
9. Instruction is given by teacher.
10. Students expand the word cues given to describe the sea creature assigned to their group.
11. Students practise the conversation in their groups with guidance.
Word cards can be used for writing lesson.
Puzzles can be made into flash cards for vocabulary revision.
Thick papers/ manila cards can be used to make the puzzles to prevent it from being easily torn by kids.