· respond appropriately to the classroom management technique of “Stop Look Listen”.
1. Print or draw a copy of the “Stop, Look, and Listen “poster and laminate if possible.
1. Say “STOP” and point to the Stop picture. Explain to the pupils that “stop” means to stop what they are doing.
2. Practice saying stop and having the pupils stop.
3. Say “LOOK” and point to the Look picture. Explain to the students that “look” means to look at the teacher.
4. Practice saying stop and look with the pupils.
5. Say “LISTEN” and point to the Listen picture. Explain to the students that “listen” means to not talk and listen to the teacher because she has something important to say.
6. Practice saying stop, look, listen with the pupils.
Display the poster “Stop, Look, Listen” at the front of the classroom for future reference.
For larger groups, enlarge each command to A4 or A3 size.
Insist that EVERY pupil stops what they are doing, looks at the teacher and listens to what the teacher has to tell them.