· ask and answer simple ‘Wh’ questions
1. Print/photocopy board game and collect other materials.
1. In pairs, children take turns to roll the dice and move their counter on the board.
2. The child not rolling the dice asks any question that is landed upon, for example: “What is your favourite food?” The child who has moved their counter must answer this question correctly or move their counter back to its previous position.
3. The teacher should circulate around the class and encourage children to speak in English.
4. The child who gets their counter past the finish first is the winner.
Other ‘wh’ question based activities.
Pairs can repeat the game after they have finished. The game can be played in groups also.
It is useful to laminate the board game sheet so that it does not crease, blow away or get torn during use.
Prizes can be given for winners or those with the most wins.