· pronounce the sound of the alphabet and give examples of words with that sound.
· recognise and articulate phonemes.
· blend phonemes together to read single syllable words.
· revised words for shapes and body parts
· categorise different food and drink items under appropriate headings.
· segment (sound out) words
· ask and answer a basic question form.
· read words aloud with correct pronunciation for stronger and average pupils.
· say the initial sound of the word or recognize the letters by spelling out the whole word for weaker pupils.
· ask and answer simple ‘Wh’ questions