· practice reading skills by identifying key vocabulary in a context.
· practice spelling skills by noticing how rhyming words can be spelt differently
· identify and remember action verbs
· spell the action verbs correctly
· blend the phonemes into recognizable words
· demonstrate improved narrative skills,
· demonstrate increased fluency
· demonstrate an awareness of past tense.
· identify what food animals eat.
· ask and answer basic questions.
· talk about likes and dislikes for food and drink
· spell target words correctly
· write clearly
· focus on peer assessment and correction
· identify the sounds of “s”, “a”, “t”, “p” and categorise the words correctly.